Richard Mahler is . . .
- the New Mexico-based author (or co-author) of 13 published books on travel, self-transformation, natural history, creative aging, cooking, art, and gardening. His most recent effort is a 253-page paperback and e-book from Relham LLC entitled How I Found the Best Sex Ever: A Sara Strong Mystery, available at a discount price of $8.99 (plus $2 shipping) and inscribed by the author. Order the e-book version and read the first chapter here. Paperback sales are by credit card or PayPal via Amazon or through the title 's encrypted and secure website.
- author of The Jaguar's Shadow: Searching for a Mythic Cat, published by Yale University Press. Read reviews and an excerpt of this 359-page non-fiction hardback at TheJaguarsShadow.com or order with a credit card or PayPal an author-inscribed copy for $6.99 (plus $3.99 shipping) directly from Richard:
- an independent journalist who has contributed thousands of articles to hundreds of websites, radio programs, and print publications, including CBS Radio, National Public Radio, the Los Angeles Times, Chicago Tribune, Miami Herald, Christian Science Monitor, Albuquerque Journal, Toronto Globe & Mail, Outside, Southwest Art, Utne, Palm Beach Illustrated, Yoga Journal, and Body & Soul. Richard contributes regularly to New Mexico Journey magazine.
- a commentator on people, culture, and current events, whose work has appeared on blogs and websites, in newspapers and magazines, on radio and in opinion pages nationwide. Read samples of his Southwest Storylines, My Secret Place, or Un Poco de Todo columns here. Mahler's blog, Moan and Mirth, is accessed here.
- a media consultant who helps individuals, businesses, and organizations meet varied communications needs. Services range from devising and implementing marketing strategies to writing, editing, publishing, graphic design, photography, layout, and production. Clients have included the Belize Tourist Board, eMindful.com, William James Association, Mindful Living Programs, Utne magazine, Upaya Institute, and several authors and artists. View an example of such work at Gila Resources Information Project.
- an editor whose portfolio includes projects for the Quivira Coalition, Trust for Public Land, Vallecitos Mountain Refuge, Conservation Fund, Susan Ives Communications, John Muir Publishing, Sierra Press, Stony Creek Publications, and Native Peoples magazine. (Click for sample.)
- a fiction writer who draws on his life-long experience as a world traveler, radio disc jockey, interviewer, teacher, and spiritual explorer. Read a story or a novel excerpt here.
- a human being who believes in embracing life fully, in the present moment and with enthusiasm. With that underlying spirit, Richard has taught mindfulness-based stress reduction, helped teens learn radio production, climbed tall mountains, navigated rapids, snorkeled reefs, kayaked oceans, explored great cities, traversed jungles, immersed himself in meditation retreats, become a baritone ukulele player, and interviewed thousands, including politicians, movie stars, musicians, Nobel laureates, soldiers, artists, inventors, criminals, moguls, doctors, lawyers, and Indian chiefs.
Communication invited via e-mail or P.O. Box 1055, Silver City, NM 88062
To learn about other Richard Mahlers, please click "More on Mahler" button above.